Sunday, May 23, 2010

Calling cards [used abroad]?

I'm going to France in a few weeks and I'm interested in buying a calling card, so while there, I can make some calls home [the USA].





However, I've never used a calling card before and while I've searched on the internet...they all seem the same to me. And I'm not sure which services are legitimate and which aren't.





For anyone with experience using a calling card abroad, can you please recommend which to use? I'm going to have to use it on a payphone there, not my cell phone.

Calling cards [used abroad]?
You can usually buy really cheap phone cards once you get over there (like 5 Euros), but if you're using a pay phone they'll only last a few minutes, whereas you could get 100 minutes from a landline or cell phone.





There are lots of (in Germany, atleast) Phone Cafes, where you buy a phone card and use the pay phones that they have in their store, so you're minutes don't get drained so fast. It's the best deal if you don't have any other phone.





Otherwise, try talking with your cell phone company to see if you can get a different SimCard for your phone that allows you to call overseas. I've never had one but I know some other people who did and they said it's a really good deal if you plan on being gone for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment